Guide -- Asian men -- Body / Fitness / Bodybuilding / Physicality Guide

• administrators

DONE - get gymrats to review. preferable if they write the guide instead. This will do for now.
    edited-
    formatted-

Physicality

Buh buh buh…I’m just an inferior Asian man

STFU

Japanese man, Tommy Kono, was widely considered one of the greatest weight lifter in US History.

Focusing on the clean and press, clean and jerk, and hang snatch events, Kono rose to superstardom in the 1950s, winning gold medals in weightlifting at the 1952 and 1956 Olympics and a silver in 1960 – while also earning six consecutive first-place finishes as the World Weightlifting Championships from 1953 to 1959. (The World Weightlifting Championships were not held during Olympic years until 1964.)

As a bodybuilder, Kono’s achievements were equally impressive, winning Mr. World in 1954 before his three Mr. Universe titles in four attempts. Overall, he held 26 world records and seven Olympic records across various weight classes at the time of his retirement in 1964.

http://forum.asiansoul.org/topic/362/why-the-story-of-tommy-kono-deserves-and-is-getting-a-bigger-audience/

Now, back to our regularly scheduled programming…

Symmetry is the key. Also look at golden ratios for the face and achieve it using hair styles suited for your face. If you don’t know then find a stylist to do it for you.

The three keys are:
    ● Lift big
    ● Eat big
    ● Sleep big

Note: I heard that you shouldn’t work out when you’re still growing, but I don’t know if it’s just a hoax. Do your own research.

Protein Daily Requirement

Eat 0.60g protein per pound of your target body weight per day when bulking - For example, if you’re 165 pounds and wish to become 170 pounds then eat 102 grams of protein per day (calculated as 170 x 0.60)

Eat 0.35g of protein per pound of current body weight per day when maintaining your size - For example, if you’re trying to maintain your current body weight of 170 lbs then eat 59.5 grams of protein per day (calculated as 170 x 0.35)

Note: You’re wondering who the hell would care about a 5 pound gain. I adjust my diet all the time to feed me exactly the amount of protein and calories that I need so that I don’t have to eat more than I have to. I hate eating so much because it’s a major inconvenience and extra protein that your body can’t use is going to waste anyways.

Calorie Daily Requirement

Eat 18-20 cal per target body weight per day when bulking. So back to to our example, it’s 170 x 20 cal = 3400 calories per day
    Eat 14-16 cal per target body weight per day when maintaining your size. So back to to our example, it’s 170 x 16 cal = 2720 calories per day

Foods

● Hemp seed “hearts” for protein, but only if you can buy them cheap in bulk.
    ● Brown rice for carbohydrates
    ● sauces to go with your meals like a thai salad, curry, mee goreng, etc.

General tips

● Always focus on compound exercises for bulking up.
    The parts you should emphasize are neck, shoulders, butt, traps, back, forearm - luckily compound exercises target nearly all of them.*
    ● Sleep around 10pm. This is crucial for your body’s repairing and rebuilding functions. Without proper sleep your efforts are wasted. You MUST sleep early. This is super important.
    ● Be low stress
    ● Read Starting Strength book + 1-2 years + the stuff above = good body
    ● You don’t need special equipment. If you must then get a power rack along with an adjustable bench, a barbell, and some plates of weight.
    ● A legit “personal trainer” is helpful to catch mistakes and ensure you develop good habits, at least for the first few months.
    ● Try to match the Adonis ratio for the best “look”. Again, it uses the golden ratio of 1.614 when dividing the distance between one’s shoulders and one’s waist. It’s the female equivalent of when a guy sees a woman with big breasts, small waist, and wider hips.
    ● Six feet tall is the American ideal. As long as you’re taller than her, it’s workable. The common height difference is for the male to be 10% taller than the female. So try to find a girl who falls in that range. It’ll make your job easier. Don’t worry about your own height. There’s nothing you can do about it. There are surgeries but I think that’s going too far, and it may mess you up. Also, it’s not the thing that’s holding you back when there are non-famous 5"7 people getting girls all day.

Neck Theory

I didn’t realize what a difference a thicker neck makes on a man. See it for yourself. Everything in the side by side comparison pictures are the same except for the neck. Yes, the difference is enormous. A thin AKA “pencil neck” automatically makes any man look like a dork/nerd/weakling/virgin. I don’t know why it’s so dramatic but it is. Get a thicker neck. Like everything else I tell you, don’t go overboard and you’ll be fine.

YdvRWOv.jpg IV7neAE.jpg MT8cchI.jpg XNyDgga.jpg pIEHIdA.jpg

Ideal size

Simply, get to the point where you look like you can protect her at a minimum.

There is a difference in body size preference between Western and Asian women. The latter prefer more slim than large. Ottermode, athletic, and builfat are the most common desired looks. Despite being widely advertised, built and bearmode are not what most women want.

Dw8H19P.jpg

This is from some Huffington Post about ideal male bodies around the world.
    eYWJ3nB.jpg
    source: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/what-the-ideal-mans-body-looks-like-in-19-countries_us_56c5d65de4b08ffac127c485

Note that USA, Philippines, South Africa, and Egypt preferred much more built bodies. while much of the rest of the world prefers chubbies. China prefer slimmer types. While Indonesia wants a female hourglass shape lol.

• Level 0 - Private

Example Asian male physiques across the spectrum (Click for pictures)

Malnourished

Ottermode
    I encourage all untrained Asian men, no matter how busy, to achieve or exceed this look as a baseline. Should take a undertrained and malnourished man about a year progress with nutrition and lifting.

Small

Medium

Large

XL

I do not have a good asian Builtfat picture to show. This is where most non-AAS users might maintain, and it’s a good look.

Bearmode

Aesthetic (Requires AAS to achieve)
    It would take >4 years of a stricter eating plan, >4 hours a week working out, and AAS to get there)

Short

Tall

Trensformer (Requires AAS to achieve)

(Requires AAS, Growth Hormone, and Insulin to achieve)

• Level 0 - Private

All professional/instagram bodybuilders (and most athletes) use AAS. Anyone who says differently is lying or trying to sell you something.

And AAS can be safe and even healthy if done right. I’m here to reveal the truth about AAS, walk you though the decision process, and provide advice if you decide AAS fits into your lifestyle.

Why AAS?

Example Asian male physiques across the spectrum (Click for pictures)

Malnourished

Ottermode

Small

Medium (Requires alot of dedication, or AAS, for non-pros)

Large (May require AAS for non-pros)

XL (Requires AAS for non-pros)

Bearmode

Aesthetic (Requires AAS to achieve)
    It would take >4 years of a stricter eating plan, >4 hours a week working out, and AAS to get there)

Trensformer (Requires AAS to achieve)

(Requires AAS and others to achieve)

Someone well experienced with lifting and nutrition will likely look “Builtfat” picture.
    Months of cutting might put him near the “Small” look…with proper lighting…and right after a workout.

The more aesthetic looking bodytypes from “Medium” upwards requires AAS to achieve unless you are a professional athlete whose time and lifestyle revolves around your body. (And even then you are likely on AAS already). The last three bodybuilder bodytypes requires a whole lot of AAS to achieve. That’s just the reality of the human body. All the “natural bodybuilders” are on AAS.

AAS, if done right, can be healthy, increase your libido, and boost your positive sense of self.

For older men, it is practically a medical necessity to supplement your testosterone levels for healthy aging.

How do anabolic steroids work?

There is generally considered to be three mechanisms of action of AAS.

Firstly, by binding to the androgen receptor located in the cytoplasm, AAS’ stimulate protein synthesis in the muscle. Secondly, they bind to the glucocorticoid receptor, blocking the catabolic actions of cortisol on muscle (protein breakdown). Last, psychological effects include increased motivation and aggression, leading to increased training intensity.

Are there any long term effects?

AAS’ have been used in humans to improve performance since the 1930’s.

The long history of use by many thousands of people has shown that if used reasonably, most people do not experience any long term effects. However, there is a distinct lack of research in this area, with the occasional case study in the medical literature. The mass media likes to sensationalize the death of any past steroid user.

The fact is, the most likely problem would be an increase in arterial plaque deposition as a result of an unfavorable blood lipid levels. This does not effect all users, hence another reason for blood testing.

There is strong evidence to suggest that brief exposure to anabolic steroids might have long lasting performance-enhancing effects: A cellular memory mechanism aids overload hypertrophy in muscle long after an episodic exposure to anabolic steroids

Risk to Reward:

All steroid cycles and stacks carry with them a strong risk to reward ratio, and regardless of your experience this will hold true each and every time. While a bit simplistic, the best way to look at it is the more you take the greater the reward, but the more you take the greater the risk. As risks increase, so does the need for protective measures. However, there will be a cutoff point; there will be a point when the risk to reward ratio becomes severely skewed towards risk, and when this occurs you have without question left the realm of safety.

The line that crosses over into heavy risk, where it exists cannot be answered with a one-size fits all answer. The anabolic steroids being used, as well as the individual’s unique genetic response will determine where this line falls, but there are general guidelines. For example, in order to receive a performance benefit from testosterone, most men will need a minimum of 300mg per week of a single ester testosterone compound with 400-500mg being far more efficient. As the dosing increases, so do the rewards, but so do the potential for adverse side effects. Most men will find 500mg per week is normally very well tolerated, and most men can increase past this point to an extent. Many men can enter into the 750-1000mg range and still remain healthy, but past this point, most all men will find the risk scale becomes severely unbalanced. When we surpass 1g per week, estrogenic issues can often be problematic, and many men will find controlling them extremely difficult.

Should I begin taking anabolic steroids?

The generally accepted criteria for starting AAS is as follows:

1. Research and obtain a very good understanding of what you are considering putting in your body PRIOR to your cycle.
    2. Be over 25.
    3. Do not run a cycle without having a PCT and an AI on hand. If you “can’t afford” either, then you can not afford to run a cycle.
    4. The best first cycle is a simple first cycle. As more experience is gained and you learn how your body reacts to gear, cycles can become more complex. Adding two previously unused elements to a cycle makes it impossible to know which thing may be causing issues. Grow into your dose.
    5. Have a very good exercise program and a diet. I recommend 2+ years of weightlifting experience. With these two in place, keep your expectations reasonable and you’ll be happy.
    6. For your cycle duration, remain aware of how your body is reacting both physically and emotionally. If something feels “off” or “not right”, and it’s not a known side, it probably isn’t right. Typical beginner cycles make people feel very good overall.

What you will need

1. The anabolics, of course. Get your whole 16 week supply before you start. For a beginner that means five 10ml vials of Testosterone Enanthate (you will lose some oil in the process.)

2. Supply of clean 25 gauge needles, 3cc syringes, alcohol wipes, an empty laundry detergent bottle to dispose of used needles, and a suitable container to hold all of this.
      AAS are intermuscular injections, like a flu shot, not like IV drugs. If you get your seasonal flu shots you’ll get used to pinning twice a week. Wipe every surface and never reuse anything- keep sterile and there will not be any safety concerns. A locking cash box is what Id recommend to keep all your gear in.

3. Supply of HcG, Arimidex, and Nolvadex. Arimidex is to keep your estrogen in normal range. HcG and Nolvadex is to kick start your bodys natural testosterone production after your cycle is over.

4. Access to blood testing.

Nothing here is optional

Sample cycle

Testosterone Enanthate 250mg + Arimidex 1mg, every Saturday and Wednesday for 16 weeks

Followed by:

A. Cruise on Test E 80mg + HcG 250iu every Saturday and Wednesday, for a minimum of 6 weeks until your next blast.

or

B. 3 week recovery protocol:
    HcG 350iu everyday for 1 week
    HcG 350iu + Nolvadex 40mg everday for 1 week
    Nolvadex 20mg everyday for 1 week

Looks like your connection to AsianSoul was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.