Random Thoughts and Casual Discussion!

• administrators

@natalie_ng This is cause for celebration.

bzrPbBGl.jpg tJzUXL2l.jpg rSYN3qLl.jpg

• Random thought; my mom and I were talking about Chinese zodiac signs and then we suddenly realized that my grandfather (her father) was born in the year of the dragon, my father was born in the year of the dragon, and my husband was also born in the year of the dragon. Was thinking what a cool coincidence that is…

• Level 0 - Private Banned

@natalie_ng I’m within driving distance of an enclave but wish it were closer :) yassssss! My friends and I are always planning food adventures.

• @secondstrike True that they would suffer less racism. But there are a few people on there drooling/fangirling/boying over him just because he looks white =/

• administrators

@natalie_ng Hmm…I just skimmed but it seems like they are saying that white-passing hapas are lucky because they suffer less racism. I’m not sure if they’re saying they’re superior because they look white. At least, that was the vibe, I got most of the time from reading the sub.

• @notanotherloudasian I think a large chunk, if not most of them, suffer from mental health issues. But yes, I agree with you, I feel bad for them as well. Being born from a fetish couple is almost like a death sentence; you’re bound to have an identity crisis and mental problems.

Haha, it’s cool how we’re so similar. Do you also live in an Asian enclave? I don’t know why it is but out of all the non-Asians I get along with, it always tend to be Latinas.

Lol, the cool thing about all-Asian gatherings is the food!!! Idk about you and your friends, but all of my Asian friends are foodies like me xD

@secondstrike It’s this one https://www.reddit.com/r/hapas/comments/4nemvp/its_not_even_funny_anymore/

There are girls on there saying how good looking he is and I’m here sitting like…" <____< he’s just a basic white boy?"

Oh well, to each their own I guess.

If you scroll down though, some of them are even listing one of the good things about AMWF hapas is that they “look whiter”. Stating “looking white” as a positive attribute is a bit concerning imo. I agree that AMWF hapas are healthier because they’re better adjusted and they have dads that can talk to them about discrimination and whatnot, but saying that they look white as a good thing is alarming.

@natalie_ng This would be me, it’s either all Asians (male/female) or a bunch of Asian and Latina girls. I’ve got a lot of white acquaintances through work and school that I get along with, but no one I’m truly close to. No blacks I’m close to, beside my ex who’s half viet half black lol. I can think of one Latino guy who is like my big brother. That’s about it. I laugh whenever I get “Asian nation!!!” comments on my IG/FB pics of friend gatherings. That’s how we roll!

• administrators

@natalie_ng what post is this? Maybe it’s an exception? When I last checked the sub 1 month ago, it was praising amwf kids all day. When someone would counter with “what about this afwm??”, EurasianTiger would say “no, according to my records, he’s only 1/16th white” haha

@natalie_ng

While I think it’s great that they’re able to recognize their parents’ relationships for what they are, tbh, I don’t think the apple falls far from the tree and I do think many of them are severely affected/influenced by their parents’ white supremacist thinking (hence the worship of white passing hapas).

They worship WF as well, whether they’re pro-Asian or not. I honestly feel sorry for many of the posters—I see some real mental health issues and I know the system in North America (heck, even anywhere else) is not equipped to meet those needs.

• I’m a little disillusioned with r/hapas lately. I used to be very supportive of them since they were calling out fetish couples and Asian women who are obsessed with whites but after they labeled a very white looking hapa as successful simply because he looks white, that made me a bit wary about their views from then on. I swear, this guy looks so white, you would’ve thought he was lost on his way to the rodeo and somehow wandered out of his home state of Texas! But there were literally both guys and girls there praising him for his looks, despite the fact that he was whiter than my bleached toilet.

Before, they used to praise an AMWF hapa who was a famous engineer for NASA (or something like that–can’t remember) which I’m completely all for. That guy (who was Asian looking) was able to dominate in a very white male field that was literally rocket science. So yes, I’m very impressed with him and he deserves all those praises.

But the recent guy they posted? The only thing he has going for him is that he looks white. He’s not a scientist, doctor, engineer, etc…he just looks white. That’s it. The scary thing is that I think he got EVEN MORE praises than the AMWF hapa engineer.

While I think it’s great that they’re able to recognize their parents’ relationships for what they are, tbh, I don’t think the apple falls far from the tree and I do think many of them are severely affected/influenced by their parents’ white supremacist thinking (hence the worship of white passing hapas). I don’t think I’ll be visiting that sub much anymore. I support their views on WMAF fetish couples but that’s probably the only thing I can agree with them on.

Looks like your connection to AsianSoul was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.