Random Thoughts and Casual Discussion!

• Banned

@bugoutfever Besides , its like a even safer space. With r/AI theirs occasional white trolls coming in to wreck havoc, but here its as close to all asian as it can get w/o interference. We’ll probably have white trolls here , but it’ll be extremely easy to get rid of them.

• Level 3 - Captain

There is real strategic reasons to support this forum. I haven’t personally experienced unfairness on reddit by admins, but many have. What happens if some bogus reasoning is used to get r/AI banned or quarantined? Think.

I am going to post things here first from now on. Then link the threads to reddit when the story is relevant, to spread awareness. I can also vouch that I trust the ones heading this forum.

Besides all that, the forum is very smooth and responsive. It isn’t hard to get used to, and I believe it is also mobile friendly.

• @bugoutfever Sad. They support BLM so much but I highly doubt BLM/liberal activists feel the same for them. While I don’t care much for the right wing either (that caters completely to white men), I think it’s safe to say the left wing only caters to blacks and hispanics (and whiny white women too, to an extent).

• Level 3 - Captain

Voices: Asian Americans On #BlackLivesMatter | NBC Asian America

Mother F*)&#(%&#R&F(&

• @ankistar Do you think it’s mostly because normal Asian girls feel more comfortable with either sticking to a girl-only group or an Asian-only group?

• Level 2 - Officer

@natalie_ng Absolutely true.
    Mixed friend group with Asian men and no Asian girls = stable.
    Mixed group of girls only = stable.
    Friend group of Asian men and women = stable.
    Mixed group including Asian girls = not stable.

I can’t explain it, but this is accurate with my experiences.

• So I was just reading one of the threads at the AI sub called “the key to a healthy, mixed race social group for Asian guys - exclude Asian girls” and I decided to post my thoughts here since my experiences are personal and I can’t speak for all non-Anna Lu/pro-AM/normal (whatever you want to call us) Asian women. They are very personal so it will probably be different for different women.

Anyways, I thought long about it and realized the OP was correct…at least for me. I never really noticed this or thought about it until he brought it up.

Unlike Anna Lus, I don’t choose my friends based on their race. I like to choose my friends based on the level of connection I have with them, their honesty, our communication, our shared interests, our shared values, and our similar lifestyles. As a result, I have very few I would call “friend”. Actually, I can only count on one hand the number of true friends I have. And it just so happens none of them are white or black. I have plenty of white/black acquaintances, sure, but none I would call friends nor want to hang out with outside of work/school.

My ride or die friends who have been with me for years on end, through thick and thin, have all been Asian or Latina. I have white/black acquaintances who were “almost” friends but for the most part, they have been in and out of my life.

As a result, you’ll almost never find me in a mixed-race social group, unless it’s a company dinner or something my boss forced me to engage in. But never do I volunteer to be in a mixed-race social group. For the most part, I don’t have much in common with most whites/blacks I’ve come across so I mostly don’t care to interact with them. The differences in values, lifestyles and even hobbies I have with most whites are just way too stark for me to be interested in engaging with them.

Heck, just last weekend, my husband’s white coworker invited us over to his house for dinner with him and his wife. I don’t want to go into much detail because it will probably gross you guys out but let’s just say after that visit, I was strongly reminded as to why I don’t care to be close friends with most white people, lol.

So OP is correct in that sense–women like me usually aren’t interested in interacting with someone solely based on their race.

• @bugoutfever It never ceases to amaze me the number of Asian Americans who are quick to support causes of other minorities but ignoring our own issues. It’s actually a lot more common than you would think too (I know quite a few AA people like that irl).

• @secondstrike WOWWWWWWWWW he is stunning!!! Is his dad Chinese and his mom Japanese? His parents created quite a gorgeous being, lol!

His tattoos look great on him (then again, probably anything can look good on him), but for me personally, I would go for something much more feminine. I was thinking pink sakura flowers with small calligraphy written across or next to them.

• @neonfuzion Ha! So true. I’m not a big fan of non-Asian people having Chinese calligraphy tattoos either because (besides that it’s cultural appropriation) the handwriting usually looks terrible!

Looks like your connection to AsianSoul was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.