Realizing a big problem

• After having to mod my own Asian subreddit for a couple of days, something hit me that I was too dumb/oblivious to noticed before when I wasn’t mod and when I didn’t have to comb through every single thread. We are literally opening our brains up and putting it on a platter for all of the whites to see. We’re essentially showing them all our hopes, dreams, fears, goals, insecurities, etc…and because reddit is crawling with whites (altright, sexpats, KKK, you name it) everywhere, this is inevitable if one was to start an Asian community on reddit. And tbh, that doesn’t really sit well with me. Showing all my hopes and dreams and fears to my enemies doesn’t sound very appealing.

The only solution I could think of to remedy that is to bring our entire reddit communities to forums like these, where there are options to make certain sections private even. Maybe only let the verified Asians into those private sections. But the question is how? How do we move a gigantic community of Asians off from reddit and onto here?

In any case, this is pretty worrying.

• Banned

@CivilRightsAZN said in Realizing a big problem:

@asianmovement said in Realizing a big problem:

both subreddit

Both of ESR and AI? But AI including Desis does not quite fit our goal.

Everything is just but a brand in an ecosystem of woke platforms /subreddits. If we can form a ecosystem of communities , that enables us to reach more people ,and spread our ideology / ideas to more people. Think of the big picture and stop fiddling about small details. Each subredddit can focus on a small demographic like r/ESR does, but we all have the same goal in the end.

• @asianmovement said in Realizing a big problem:

both subreddit

Both of ESR and AI? But AI including Desis does not quite fit our goal.

• Banned

@CivilRightsAZN

a solution to this is gather usernames of regular posters and verified users on both subreddit , and PM them all to join the forum.

• administrators

@CivilRightsAZN I think East Asians and South East Asians are the most “group-able” in terms of similarity in problems they face and shared culture. It’s easier to speak with a unified message. South Asians, Pacific Islanders, and First Nations are less “group-able” because their experiences can differ a lot. I am open to alliances as long the result is pro-Asian.

• @natalie_ng said in Realizing a big problem:

The only solution I could think of to remedy that is to bring our entire reddit communities to forums like these, where there are options to make certain sections private even. Maybe only let the verified Asians into those private sections. But the question is how? How do we move a gigantic community of Asians off from reddit and onto here?

As the mod in ESR, I think you (or other mods, please invite other mods here if you trust them) can regularly invite verified regulars of ESR (with blue star/pink star) to this forum. But as you said the community gigantic, we even haven’t finished verifying most of the regulars back in ESR.

@secondstrike It also matter if we want to do it in (1) “aznidentity” way (US Census: East Asian+Southeast Asian+South Asian), or (2) ESR way (East Asian+Southeast Asian+Pacific Islanders+Native Americans). Define the membership (of AsianSoul) first.

• Level 2 - Officer

@natalie_ng I agree with this 100%. A true community has asian minds and only asian minds. A “verified o nly” section will go a long way.

• administrators

@psylee123 upload to imgur and start a new thread in under projects and paste the links in.

• Level 0 - Private

Eurasian tiger just made some cartoons, looks printable. Anyone willing to print a couple and just leave it on some public tables somewhere?

• @arcterex

Am I correct to assume that you are ‘Devenadrina …’ on twitter?

Looks like your connection to AsianSoul was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.