Asians in Asia cannot be relied on for media representation

• administrators

@suiko_no_shin That sounds great. Did you have any specific strategies? I’m currently chunking up my exposes and will be spreading it with a program.

• Level 1 - Sergeant

@secondstrike said in Asians in Asia cannot be relied on for media representation:

If one of the big countries can be convinced then translation and spreading it from there wouldn’t be that difficult. It’s not like we have to do everything by ourselves.

You still have to generate the massive following to reach people enough so that it’s common place even among people who don’t.

Perhaps they were ignorant? Perhaps they thought they should learn from the “best” without understanding the subversive nature of Western media? Really should stop instantly jumping to the conclusion of “they want nothing to do with us” based on a few observations.

I’m not saying they don’t want nothing to do with us. I’m saying that we are disconnected and that disconnection is what prevents Asians in Asia and Asian-Americans from sympathizing. If you don’t see that this is a massive undertaking then I don’t know what else to say except you are living in a dream land. The Great Wall was an example and AznI has not even mobilized to reach out to Chinese. So at this point in time, what I’m proposing has more basis in reality than what you’re saying.

Putting stuff on social media and forums, and representing well individually only helps in a limited way. The big ideas gain traction through institutions.

Helping in a limited way is not true. From one CORNER of the internet, among infested trolls brainwashed to think that two companies are the only way and only products. With only the facts and the knowledge on my side, I was able to influence entire corporations (Intel, Nvidia, AMD) and it took AMD from an all time low in 2015 to very positive product launches in 2016 with more anticipation for 2017 in terms of CPU’s. I’ve dealt with dumb people, fake people, brainwashing, brainwashed individuals, other smart people and there was even hidden industry people posing as regular users. I engaged everybody and I proved them all wrong. Did I make enemies out of most people on that board? Yes, but good thing is that competition is more balanced, leading to better more reasonably priced products. Not only that, I managed to create a trend creating gaming capable PC’s with a lower budget. There are YT series and videos to this day.

It took me one year and it was not easy. There’s a lot less brainwashed people now and there’s more objective people. Like, what’s the performance/specs of this thing, how much does it cost, how much in relation to other products in it’s price range, how does it perform in that range, and so on. Not only did I change that board, but other communities, industry people, journalists/bloggers (which in turn affects their articles that influence way more people than just 1 msg board can do). Before I did tech, I did gaming with Sony (and to a much lesser extent, MS). There was also a stint at Blizzard which most of my core ideas turned it into a 9/10 in which they heavily profited from (except they screwed us PC gamers, the ones who were providing a free design team pretty much). The odd part is that people knew me even when I switched names (people were making money and gaining social status off of my stuff so I changed names). When I said goodbye, people knew exactly who I was.

Don’t even talk to me about social media lol! I tweeted to celebrities all the time and have gotten likes back when nobody else has. Celebrities get a ton of tweets but they’re always the same. I knew how to stand out, cut the BS, and say something that means something. This exact strategy works on everybody. Politicians, journalists, industry employees, you name it. I’ve had debates, feuds, arguments with journalists, executives, YT’ers (the big ones, not random people). I had a mini-confrontation with John Cho. He asked about consoles, I had to condense my tweet to answer him, he clowned me and his followers sort of dogpiled. I clowned him back and that was that. I had one with William Shatner and Lucy Lawless as well.

If you can’t influence the people working at those institutions then you’ve got nothing. You’ve got to be able to present your ideas, your ideas have to be challenged and your facts will have to win out. Right now, I can tell you that there is a definite lack of Asian-American representation in these spaces and not being there is like allowing those people to dictate how and where things will go. For example, with Kubo, the only Asian person in that particular conversation was the Japanese guy. If I did not step in and inform those people of how the lack of Asian VA affects Asian-Americans people would never know. They’d default to the Japanese guy where he said it’s okay b/c voice can be anybody. He doesn’t know the racism underneath. You can’t expect white people to see it.

Activism is hard. It’s not an easy task. Yes, you will have to individually represent yourself. You may have to raise a family to create a new future for Asian Americans. You will have to study. You will have to engage people (non-Asians) and show them things from our perspective. This is what we have to do. If you feel that China is the answer then study Mandarin (download ChineseSkill from the Play Store) get your ass on Weibo/WeChat and start amassing followers. Start writing up material in Mandarin and spread it to your followers. My particular specialty is engaging people and communities, as well as media (gaming/movies/tv) so that’s what I do. Do what you believe is right, what you are good at and go from there.

I get the feeling that you don’t want to be a visible example for society and I understand that. I escaped from that reality for 8 years. If you don’t want to be a living example, then channel your effort into areas where you don’t have to be visible and yes, what I’m doing is one of things you can do. Everything is all tied to each other. If you are a visible example, people talk and take that online. It gets spread. Pictures are taken. Topics are created in subs/forums and those ideas expand outwards and shared with other people outside the subs. Ideas can be used to live your life to be that visible example.

• administrators

@suiko_no_shin

So who is going to learn all those languages and not only generate a massive following in ONE country but MULTIPLE countries?

If one of the big countries can be convinced then translation and spreading it from there wouldn’t be that difficult. It’s not like we have to do everything by ourselves.

I don’t see them allying with Chinese-Americans.

Perhaps they were ignorant? Perhaps they thought they should learn from the “best” without understanding the subversive nature of Western media? Really should stop instantly jumping to the conclusion of “they want nothing to do with us” based on a few observations.

You have to take what you learned and start applying it towards other people rather than keep it in Asian forums and subs

Putting stuff on social media and forums, and representing well individually only helps in a limited way. The big ideas gain traction through institutions.

• Level 1 - Sergeant

@secondstrike said in Asians in Asia cannot be relied on for media representation:

So, basically, they are oblivious. That can be fixed with education, which is why I don’t understand this whole throw everything away and do everything ourselves approach.

So who is going to learn all those languages and not only generate a massive following in ONE country but MULTIPLE countries? The amount of work we have to do is ridiculously enormous compared to doing it ourselves which has a more immediate effect.

How did you figure they have nothing to gain? Look at American soft power, they gained retarded amounts of benefits.

They built that up themselves. They didn’t need help doing it. Likewise, China did it by avoiding the US. Chinese are working on getting their soft power but I don’t see them allying with Chinese-Americans. I don’t see them consulting Chinese-Americans when it came to movie-making or anything else they wanted to do here. They went straight to white people and deferred to them. As a result, you had people like Constance shout out whitewashing and Zhang Yimou had no idea what whitewashing even is. Chinese-Americans and Chinese are uncoordinated.

This sounds great, but what will you realistically do?

I’m gonna do what I do best. I’m going to go into the relevant communities, social media, etc and I’m going to slowly subv…I mean run PR as an Asian American. You have to take what you learned and start applying it towards other people rather than keep it in Asian forums and subs, or else your ideas will never be challenged and they will never be accepted. You can’t offend people either as you have to be PC about it.

Beyond that, I want to create some soft power of my own. Bulk up, improve career, make new acquaintances, etc. You have to be the change that other people see. That gets them talking and some of those people even say it online. I do want to go further than that and get married, have kids so that my kids can grow up with the values I pass to them. I don’t see that being likely though b/c the loneliness and isolation have impaired my ability to make connections w/ other people. I’m just going to do whatever I can with what I have. That’s already more than 99% will do.

• administrators

@suiko_no_shin

Racial discrimination doesn’t exist for them.
    Asians in Asia have no problem with representation of their own.
    With no racial discrimination present
    Asians in Asia lack racial awareness and do not even know when they are being discriminated against.

So, basically, they are oblivious. That can be fixed with education, which is why I don’t understand this whole throw everything away and do everything ourselves approach.

They have nothing to gain by helping us or sympathizing with us. The same thing applies to Chinese as well and it all goes back around to the bullet points.

How did you figure they have nothing to gain? Look at American soft power, they gained retarded amounts of benefits. They commit genocide and a lot of people think it’s freedom and democracy. Pedophiles and sexpats who should be beaten to death are treated with respect. At the very least, China would not fall prey so easily to demonization and its message would be taken more seriously. With more humanized portrayals, we would benefit instead of being seen as some sick subhuman race. You said kpop has helped a small niche. So clearly, it does work. The problem is scaling it. That can be improved. Try taking what works and tweaking it. The first battery prototypes were shit, but after many iterations.

I’m not going to rely on somebody to do what I should be doing.

This sounds great, but what will you realistically do?

• Level 1 - Sergeant

I think there’s a difference between being negative and being constructive. It seems to me that you tear idea/potentials down instead of identifying the weak points and fixing them.

What I pointed out IS the weak point!! How much more evidence do you need?!? The two videos are right there in front of you. Random Japanese who are completely indifferent. They aren’t actually struggling with race issues OR representation! They have nothing to gain by helping us or sympathizing with us. The same thing applies to Chinese as well and it all goes back around to the bullet points. Their life in Asia and our life in America has made us different people. It’s pretty absurd to think that THEY will be OUR saviors. I’m not going to rely on somebody to do what I should be doing.

As for Africans doing it by themselves. Just because they did it that way [I’m not sure about the entire history. I have seen claims that Jews aided them a lot], doesn’t mean we have to follow the same path. If kpop semi worked despite its flaws, I don’t see why we shouldn’t leverage the power of our home countries.

Yes the Jews did help them. The NAACP was founded in part by Jews. Kpop worked but it’s so niche and so specific that it doesn’t even count. If you’re not Korean you’re out of the running. Koreans are more positively viewed in Korean enclaves (where they also have majority privilege) and you have to hope that the people you interact with have seen Kpop. That sounds like a crapshoot to me. Neither Japanese or Korean media has helped me personally.

• administrators

@suiko_no_shin

Cause if nobody takes a hard line stance

I think there’s a difference between being negative and being constructive. It seems to me that you tear idea/potentials down instead of identifying the weak points and fixing them.

As for Africans doing it by themselves. Just because they did it that way [I’m not sure about the entire history. I have seen claims that Jews aided them a lot], doesn’t mean we have to follow the same path. If kpop semi worked despite its flaws, I don’t see why we shouldn’t leverage the power of our home countries.

• Level 1 - Sergeant

@suiko_no_shin Can you try being less negative. I give you examples from a time when China had very little influence yet you brush it aside.

I have to be negative. Cause if nobody takes a hard line stance, stare the truth right in front of it’s face and puts the foot down then nobody else is going to. What I posted was the truth. What I learned about being a truth teller my whole life is that people don’t like hearing it and will try to rationalize away b/c it’s more convenient for them. I’m immune to all that.

Hollywood is not omnipotent that can make and break another country’s soft power [unless that country has no voice].

Hollywood isn’t really the topic here as it is more about Asia. We cannot trust them to be our power and even if they do take over, there’s nothing that says we’ll get any benefit from it. The only thing that will help us in America is if we make it happen. Not Asians in Asia, not white people or anybody else. Blacks did this on their own. We have to do it as well. Hapas might end up taking over. Either way, Asian Americans are going to be the ones that sets things straight and makes the conditions easier for other Asians to move or work here.

• administrators

@suiko_no_shin Can you try being less negative. I give you examples from a time when China had very little influence yet you brush it aside.

Hollywood is not omnipotent that can make and break another country’s soft power [unless that country has no voice]. China hasn’t even done much to counter Western lies. So, yes, China is losing soft power battles but it’s like saying a boxer sucks because he loses while his hands are tied behind his back. Have you looked at the Pew Stats?

uVin7z4.jpg

America’s Global Image Remains More Positive than China’s | Pew Research Center:
    http://www.pewglobal.org/2013/07/18/americas-global-image-remains-more-positive-than-chinas/ [page 3]

The difference is not as big as you think it is. The difference in perceived personal freedom stands out and the main reason is due to Western propaganda that China sucks at fighting.

• Level 1 - Sergeant

What about Enter the Dragon, Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, Shaolin Soccer, Kung Fu Hustle, and Hero?

What about them? Those came at a time when racism wasn’t shoved down our throats and there was a fad going on. That fad has been dead and hasn’t been back since. We live in a new generation now. Young people (such as the hipsters you see in commercials) who grew up with leftism and weren’t exposed to media such as this. Hollywood has ramped up the racism since then too.

This sounds more like a leap. See above.

Skiptrace and Great Wall. Next.

Looks like your connection to AsianSoul was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.