Wm/Af has reached my neck of the woods!

• Level 1 - Sergeant

Went to the local CVS (walked of course, it’s too close, no point for bike or car) and on my way back, who crosses the crosswalk and walked right past me? WMAF! Dude was on his bike and girl was walking not too far from him. As I crossed to my side and began walking towards home, I kept my eye on them. Not surprisingly, they stopped at the Vietnamese restaurant.

Little background on my area. Eighteen years ago (moved here for Jr.High), this area used to be fairly diverse. Not many Asians of course, but pretty good mix of black, white and hispanic. At High School, demographics were similar but tilted more strongly with hispanics and less whites. Over the years, more and more whites moved out of our neighborhood and more hispanics moved in. This process was gradual and ongoing. For a long time, hispanics have been the dominating demographic for some time now but I noticed that more and more Vietnamese have been moving in. One even moved in next door (single woman and her 3-4 kids).

How I notice it is the two stores near me (local grocery and Walmart). I see white and black people occasionally but mostly hispanics. Now I’m starting to see Asian families and sometimes singles. I haven’t seen any couples (beyond married) up until now. I find it insane that WMAF would be the first. They haven’t even been here that long!! Most couples in this area has been WMWF, BMBF, and LMLF. I’ve seen BMWF a few times but it usually doesn’t veer outside of the norm. It is utter insanity that WM didn’t want to date BF and LF (and I’ve seen some good looking LF!!) but Asians haven’t even been here that long and they’re already on it.

• Wait–the guy was on his bike and the girl had to walk? Wow, how chivalrous…NOT.

Most normal couples either are both on a bike or if one of them doesn’t know how to bike (I doubt it though, everyone knows how to use a bike at this age) then both of them will be walking together. That’s how my husband and I do it. Either we’re both on our own bikes, both jogging together, both walking together or both in the car together. Well, there goes that theory of “white male gentlemanness” out the door (not that it hasn’t been out the door for a while now).

AI is full of dude-bros, do-nothings and cleanslate

LMFAO!!! You just HAD to throw his name in there.

• Level 1 - Sergeant

@secondstrike said in Wm/Af has reached my neck of the woods!:

@suiko_no_shin lol rAI isn’t that bad, but ya, reddit can be a circle jerk.

I don’t see anything more to be done on that sub to be honest. I was the only guy there (that I know of) that was going out into different social media and different communities talking w/ people and bringing up the things we’ve learned. While it may or may not have that big of an effect, I still did something. Lots of guys there just keep it in the sub and call it a day. I understand not everyone can do this but there’s lots of different ways to contribute (just living, making observations and contributing experiences counts). Checking the sub was reading bad news after bad news and it was really stressing me out.

Then there’s cleanslate that can’t be trusted to judge whether topics or comments are suitable. This guy literally does not have the capacity to understand. A guy like that is toxic to progress because you need to be able to talk things out without interjecting in every discussion he thinks is wrong. He tries to tell people they have no right to say anything because they don’t contribute but he’s one of the biggest non-contributors. He just says “it’s behind the scenes” over and over but so far we haven’t seen it. Then he says contributions don’t count b/c we’re not donating money, making videos or whatever the hell.

@tour_operator said in Wm/Af has reached my neck of the woods!:

@suiko_no_shin

Well, the problem is that they experienced bad forums for their first experience. Noobs are not aware that reddits can be hijacked with future bad mods, or some reddits are made to be dead ends.
    It’s common troll strategy to saturate a well-intentioned noob to exhaustion, so later on the noob would decline entering a good forum.
    Trolls awaits these new waves of good-willed people. Take it as a fact and transcend/ignore this trap.

The best forums are repositories of knowledge. In order to get that repository of knowledge, discussions has to take place and must be allowed to continue to it’s natural end. Then it can be archived so that people can find it. Look at r/hapas, the archived material they have is insane. While a lot of people will disavow hapas having any kind of problems, the amount of evidence they have will only prove the rejection of established truth.

Good forums also have a good ‘culture’. People should know what the board is about, answer some FAQ’s, have a clear outline on the rules and maybe explain why.

• administrators

@suiko_no_shin lol rAI isn’t that bad, but ya, reddit can be a circle jerk.

• Level 1 - Sergeant

@suiko_no_shin Hmm. OK. Did they name any places they did like past or present? What elements do they desire?

Nope they just said reddit is terrible, to stop going there to improve my mental state lol! I think reddit in general has a bad rap (seeing that it’s mostly inhabited with whites, it’s no wonder).

• administrators

@suiko_no_shin Hmm. OK. Did they name any places they did like past or present? What elements do they desire? These people…are they doers or just looking for a place to chat?

• Level 1 - Sergeant

@suiko_no_shin Why don’t they like the reddits?

Asian subs aren’t exactly the most attractive places. r/aa obviously has a toxic element, AI is full of dude-bros, do-nothings and cleanslate, Asianmasc and Asianfeminism are too specific and not very popular to begin with.

• administrators

@suiko_no_shin Why don’t they like the reddits?

• Level 1 - Sergeant

@suiko_no_shin Asian parents are just useless against racism, which makes their children sheep to the slaughter. Spread our content. There’s tons of it. Don’t link to the forum though. Not ready for trolls.

Recently I’ve been spreading content outside of Asian communities and engaging non-Asian people more. Outright denial, even by other Asians. I showed this Chinese-American guy Kulture Media, as we were arguing about hyper-sexualization of Asian females and he brushed it off to the side saying things are fine despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary (white people disavowed it as it didn’t exist). He had lost every point he was trying to make.

But anyways I digress. I’ve tried to bring other Asian people to the forum with no luck. They don’t want to be a part of building a community. They want to join an already existing big one (and NOT reddit either).

• administrators

@suiko_no_shin Asian parents are just useless against racism, which makes their children sheep to the slaughter. Spread our content. There’s tons of it. Don’t link to the forum though. Not ready for trolls.

Looks like your connection to AsianSoul was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.