Preventing the next generations of Anna Lus

• Level 0 - Private

@secondstrike I personally don’t even think White girls are even close to the ideal and I’m sure most Asian men would agree with me. (Also there have been studies on this that provide evidence for the fact that women are much ‘Preferenced’ towards whites than men. [eg. men are much more satisfied with minority partners]).

However, to best communicate one’s message it is important to have your audience in mind. These self-hating Asian girls clearly put white men (and white women) on a pedestal. If they make fun of my family for not fitting into their lame-ass white ideals, then you can be sure I will point out that they don’t measure up either/

• administrators

@natalie_ng could this be why?
    lrJJmk8.jpg

This guy is like 46 or something. Amazing.

@bugoutfever Interesting. The terms just took on a life of their own. Want to take a stab at some new terms?

@navaThrow I agree with dealing with self hatred. Not sure if setting wf as the idea is the way to do it though.

• Level 0 - Private

Asian men need to start respecting themselves by removing toxic girls from their lives and date more non-asian women.

I see far too many AsianAmerican girls trash Asian guys for no good reason. The anti-asian hate is so one-sided (eg. AF making fun of Asian men for being “shy”, “nerdy”, “boring”, and of course “patriarchical+misogynist”) while Asian men just take it and end up dating Asian women regardless.

Asian women are human beings and humans respond to incentives. If the Asian community starts “dealing with” (eg. excommunicating) + admonishing Asian women that are filled with racist ideals and self-hatred, then ignorant AF will start to realize that it IS a big deal to hate on their asian brothers and fathers.

For example, last time an Anna Lu and her friends tried to make fun of my little brother for being short I pointed out that they were grossly skinny and had no butt or boobs like their white girlfriends. They shut-up and stopped bullying my brother shortly after.

AM need to shock AF into realizing just how harmful it is to have your own community betray and hate on you.

• Level 3 - Captain

I forgot to mention that I hate these terms (anna lu/uncle chan) and they have no resonance whatsoever to me. First of all, they are Chinese names and I’ve documented the subject of interracial relationships and Chinese are not remotely the worst offenders.

https://np.reddit.com/r/CIWO/comments/3pz2qy/chinese_interracial_mainland/

https://np.reddit.com/r/CIWO/comments/3vg3rm/chinese_interracial_overseas/

Second of all they are nonsensical. For a term to be useful it needs to be descriptive. If people have to ask what the term means, it isn’t very good for propaganda purposes. When asked, the term is always described as sell outs/white washed/traitors, etc. THEN the person asking gets it. Only proving that there are better descriptive terms in the first place.

Third, the terms are inherently weak. Even as a propaganda term it doesn’t achieve anything. It’s just a lazy reference. Pushing the idea that such people/behaviour is abnormal (and I have been actively doing this one) or mentally unsound for example, has for more serious impact.

For example, a title that said “Preventing mental damage in Asian communities” or “Promoting sound mental health among Asians” is more professional and yet at the same time does far more damage to the target with its insinuations.

• Level 1 - Sergeant

@secondstrike
    I wouldn’t say I had a good experience lol! Among Asians, it was great, but poor white people were really bad (most physical altercations were with them) and Hispanics talked a lot of trash. My teachers (all white) always preferred their white students. I tried out for the part of Caesar and acted it better than the white kid but I didn’t get it. I tried out for every part and the one I did get was Cassius, the villain. Honestly, I would have preferred an enclave from ages 14-18. It was Jr.High and HS that was the worst (but also the most important, it’s this period that sets someone up for adult life). The skills I missed out on really set me back. Meanwhile, I look at some of my more successful friends and it was a positive experience that set them up.

@natalie_ng
    Unfortunately I lost contact with the kids I used to hang out with. I got into contact with a few who did stay in the enclave and they turned out really well. One dated Asian guys well until her mid twenties (she’s now with a white guy but it was a long time coming though). The other is married to an Asian girl and has kids of his own.

• @suiko_no_shin I used to watch a lot of Chinese TV/movies too. Especially the ones from Hong Kong and a few from Taiwan. I also watched a lot of Japanese movies/TV shows as a preteen and later in life (17 years old and up), I started watching a lot of Korean stuff. I’ll admit–most of the time I watch them because I had crushes on various male actors (lol) but I was genuinely into the story lines too sometimes.

That sucks that you had to move out of the enclave though…I had a Chinese female friend who went through similar experiences as you. She was big into Asian media (idolized Asian male singers/actors like me), Asian (Hong Kong especially) fashion/hairstyles and mostly hung out with us. But at the age of 13 or so, she and her parents moved to an all-white area because they thought it was more “upper class” and I remembered how much she hated it. But like you, her attraction standards also remained the same. She also continued staying in touch with us (her Asian friends) and exclusively only dated Asian guys.

@secondstrike I loved the Wong Fei Hung movies! I think my dad did once tell me they were based on a real person. My favorite was the one with Donnie Yen, for uh, reasons…lol.

• administrators

@suiko_no_shin Nice. Glad you had a good experience growing up. Dubbed Wuxia films are some of my favorite. They’re so corny yet awesome because of the fighting like Wong Fei Hung.

For those who don’t know, Wong Fei Hung is a Chinese doctor / martial arts master who beats the crap of out bad people while helping the poor. I think it’s based (very loosely) on a real person (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wong_Fei-hung). That combination is too funny.

• Level 1 - Sergeant

Grew up in an enclave and watched a lot of Asian media. My parents acquired media from their home country which also included Chinese TV/movies (dubbed over though). I LOVED when I got to watch these. When my family moved out of the enclave, the media dried up. The racial makeup changed (lots of whites, black and hispanic). Became a bigger gamer because of isolation. Only friends were gamers. I credit gaming w/ staying connected to Asia. I was into all the Japanese stuff before it got popular. After HS, when I was able to afford my own internet, I got back into Chinese movies (ff to now, I’m into drama too and learning the language similar to when I was learning Japanese to translate/play JRPG’s).

Up to 14yrs old, I never had any self-esteem problems. I wasn’t a nerd (naturally did well but wasn’t a bookworm). Was popular with the girls. Media representation can only go so far. It helps a lot because you see people that look like you and you get an idea towards what you’re attracted to. More important than that was actually living around other Asians. I didn’t need a lot of media and wasn’t into solo activities b/c I had my own social network. Nothing can replace that experience. Living in the enclave, I was developing w/o restraint and moving out of it, my growth was repressed but luckily my attraction standards remained the same.

• administrators

@natalie_ng

still don’t throw Asian women under the bus like many rich and famous Asian women do with Asian men.

There is no such narrative programming them and there is no incentive either. The experiences of Asians is gendered so the behaviors/reactions are very different.

afwm vs amwf dynamic

The main difference goes to why they enter the relationships in the first place. afwm is highly unequal with Af often settling for racist left overs who actually dislike gender equality + social approval for their pairing (getting less now because people are beginning to clue in). Amwf face massive prejudice from society so for them to overcome it means they probably have something stronger than just some fetish. All this translates into different parenting quality.

“I don’t understand why they don’t go for East European/Latina women MORE than Asian women”

I would need stats before any conclusion can be drawn. I’ve been told that Russian women are going after Chinese guys because of a gender imbalance (Russia has more F and China more M) and rising living standards.

• @secondstrike said in Preventing the next generations of Anna Lus:

I think it’s the lack of opportunity. Af can distance themselves from Asians because they have somewhere else to go, but Am? Who will accept them? Even many Af won’t accept them.

Sure but there are still many alpha, famous, and successful Asian men who attract women of various races but still don’t throw Asian women under the bus like many rich and famous Asian women do with Asian men. Bruce Lee’s a good example since he was married to a white woman but was still attracted to Asian women (since he also had affairs with Chinese women in Hong Kong).

Bruce Lee’s a celebrity but there are also normal Asian men who are married/dating non-Asian women but don’t pull the “I’m not into Asian girls because they remind me of my sister” crap.

I agree. In general, amwf produces less crazies because they are more likely (not always) going against the grain of self-hate than afwm. Ya, the quote was meant to serve up an example of self hate.

I think this also ties in with the fact that Asian men who are married to non-Asians aren’t because they hate Asian women or want to distance themselves from them. And I’ve never asked an AM married to a WF before but I’m guessing the AM fathers are probably like my own father and was upfront with his kids about racism from the get-go, unlike AF mothers married to WM who want to pass their kids off as white. Just my guess though, Idk much about this.

I think Asian enclave is one factor but the second is the types of Asians living there. I live in an enclave and I see nerds everywhere, just a sea of dweebs at highschools and malls. I also find that it’s disctincly the E Asians who are the biggest dweebs of all. Philippinos were not as socially awkward and nerdy like the E Asians. I find that the less FOB they are the less nerdier (on average). Tiger parenting and also the academic pressure cooker especially in E Asia monopolizes their time/energy.

Huh. That is odd. I could be biased too as well, I suppose. I may be quicker to notice attractive Asian guys over guys of other races and nerdier Asian guys, lol, so that might be another factor. Maybe since you’re a guy, you’ll have a much more unbiased view of the Asian enclaves than me, lol.

THIS. So much this. Your experience is relatively rare, but exceptionally important to raising well-adjusted Asians.

I think the reason my dad is like that is because he got into a lot of fights growing up and the reason why he got into a lot of fights was because his own parents were extremely chill and let him do his own thing. I’m serious–his sisters failed so many classes in school but the parents didn’t even bat an eye.

I think they do already, don’t they? Mail order brides. I don’t know for sure but I suspect the other reason is that wm can’t waltz into most spaces and be treated super well like many moronic Asian nations.

Oops, I meant to add “more” in that sentence, as in “I don’t understand why they don’t go for East European/Latina women MORE than Asian women”. But yeah, perhaps you’re right that they can’t just waltz into those places like they can Asian countries–especially Southeast Asian countries! Thailand’s sexpat capital is not helping us at all…

Looks like your connection to AsianSoul was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.